How do I Post an Ad?
Register for a user account and follow our simple registration process. Register here
Once you've completed your registration, you can login.
Follow the instructions to fill in the details of your listing. Make sure to fill in all of the fields marked with the red asterisks (*).
Please Review your listing for any spelling errors. Double check and make sure that the email address is correct.
When you are satisfied, click Post Now to publish your listing on our website.
Your Ad will NOT automatically appear until it has been approved by Admin (usually within 24 hours)it will be live on our site.
If you do not require a user account:-
you will need to check your email inbox for the verification link each time you place an Ad!
Why cant i see my Ad?
Don't worry...your ad wont be visible until it has been approved by Admin (usually within 24 hours).
Why won't my photos upload?
Photos are a great way to help sell your product or service, with ockalist you can include up to 8 photos/images for Free.
The maximum image size that can be uploaded to Ockalist is 400kb.
Still not uploading? ..Please check to make sure the file Types are one of the following;
gif, jpeg, png, GIF, JPEG, PNG
If you get really stuck, Admin can do it for you, just email the photos to Admin
and include your Ad ref number and Ad title.
How do I edit or delete my ad?
If you have registered with Ockalist, then you can do this easily, simply Login to your user account homepage.
If you do not have a user account then you will need to use the link was emailed to you when you first posted your ad.
If you have lost or deleted this email then you will need to retrieve your link. click here Retrieve Link
Why can i not Login?
If you are receiving the message "Please enter a valid email address"
This message means that you have not registered for a user account. Registration is not required to post an Ad, but registration does allow you to:
* post and manage Ads without having to confirm each action via email
* reserve your own nickname
* participate in Message Board discussions
You can register for a free user account here. Register here
Still having problems logging in? .. visit our Problems logging in help page
I never received a verification email. Where is it?
1. Check to see if your email program or filter has automatically moved the email to a bulk or trash folder.
2. Re-post your ad and make sure you have entered your return email address correctly.
3. If you need your link re-sent, click here Resend Verification Email
"Invalid Activation Link" message
This could be either of two things:
* Your Ad is already an active listing on the site.
* Your Ad has been deleted because it is Spam or a Duplicate listing.
I've forgotten my password, what should I do?
If you've forgotten your password you can use our Forgot Password page to reset. Reset Password
* Enter your email address and Click "Send New".
Check your email inbox for your new password!
How can I post anonymously and still receive email replies?
When posting an ad, you have two choices:
1. Anonymous email address. A contact form will appear in the ad allowing the user to contact you.
2. You can choose not include any email address to respond. However you will need to provide a telephone number in the ad.
I want to respond to an ad but there's no contact info
If there is no phone/fax number or email address in the ad text, that means the user who posted the ad requested to remain anonymous and be contacted exclusively by contact form, via ockalist.com.au
At the bottom of most ads, you'll usually see the 'Contact form'.
If there is no contact form or telephone number, please Contact Admin
and we will inform the seller.
My ad was removed/deleted.
We offer free classified listings. This does not mean that we accept spam or junk listings that are not only unwanted, but are also rarely viewed. Our classified listings have value; hence, they are for serious buyers and sellers. Your listing should genuinely reveal your item or service; this creates trust on your part and it will only assist you in the sale of your product.
In addition, listings for, containing, or linking to the following will not be accepted:
* Ads placed from outside of Australia and New Zealand
* "Income-Guarantees", "Get-Rich-Quick" schemes, or unrealistic claims
* Chain marketing
* Pyramid or binary schemes
* You must provide genuine products or services.
These variant forms of SPAM will also be rejected:
* We do not accept links to other classified sites, auction sites, On-line dating & personals sites and real estate directory sites. Ockalist Admin reserves the right to delete web url links deemed as inappropriate without prior notice.
* Posting identical, near duplicate, or otherwise, variant listings for the same item/service
* Posting a listing for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money
* Posting a listing with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights
* Posting a listing that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include a listing that instruct the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the listing for more information and then require the user to pay a fee for the information
* Posting a job listing that requires a monetary investment by the user at any time
* Posting a listing that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position
* Posting a listing through unauthorized robots (crawling software)
* Soliciting other members to post a listing or sell their product on their behalf at another classified site
Other Reasons your Ad was deleted:
Also try deleting your cache and refreshing your browser and if you still don't see your ad, it's more than likely that your ad was removed by the community or Admin.
How can I report an Ad?
you can report it by clicking the "flag this post" link at the top of the post. then select from the following:
• Spam / Overpost
1. Posting the same item or service in more than one category or more than once a week.
2. Posting advertising or solicitation in categories that is not appropriate.
3. Posting the same ad to multiple cities on the Site.
4. We will only accept Ads from Australian & New Zealand, unless prior approval has been granted.
How many free classified ads can I post?
Please Note: Your ad will be reported and removed from the site if the same ad is posted in more than one category, or in multiple cities on the Site.
How can I protect my email address from spammers?
Ockalist does not support showing your email address in Ads. Please use a contact form option when you post your ad. It gives you the best possible anonymity and helps to prevent email harvesters, spammers and scammers from accessing your email address.
What do I do If I got scammed?
Keep all dates you have (emails, ad, etc) from the buyer/seller.
• Report the Scam to SCAMWatch
• Inform us: Contact Admin
How to avoid scams
• Do face to face transactions, with people in your same city.
• Don´t send any Money through Western Union, Bidpay, MoneyGram or similar ways.
• Don´t accept cheque.
• Don´t trust custody services like Escrow, bidpay, Western Union, etc.
• Don´t reveal neither personal nor financial information (bank account numbers, ID card, Social Security card, credit card numbers, etc).
How to recognize scam attempt:
• The seller/buyer writes to you in a very bad English.
• The buyer offers a bigger amount than the one you suggested and then he asks for the difference.
• He asks you about personal or financial information.
• He says he works for the Government as a public employed (Example: Nigeria)
• The product for sale has a very low price regarding the market and its own properties.
• Don’t believe promises of easy money. If someone claims that you can earn money with little or no work, get a loan or credit card even if you have bad credit, or make money on an investment with little or no risk, it’s probably a scam.
• Understand the offer. A legitimate seller will give you all the details about the products or services, the total price, the delivery time, the refund and cancellation policies, and the terms of any warranty.
• Resist pressure. Legitimate companies and charities will be happy to give you time to make a decision. It’s probably a scam if they demand that you act immediately or won’t take No for an answer.
• Think twice before entering contests operated by unfamiliar companies. Fraudulent marketers sometimes use contest entry forms to identify potential victims.
• Be cautious about unsolicited emails. They are often fraudulent. If you are familiar with the company or charity that sent you the email and you don’t want to receive further messages, send a reply asking to be removed from the email list. However, responding to unknown senders may simply verify that yours is a working email address and result in even more unwanted messages from strangers. The best approach may simply be to delete the email.
• Beware of imposters. Someone might send you an email pretending to be connected with a business or charity, or create a Web site that looks just like that of a well-known company or charitable organization. If you’re not sure that you’re dealing with the real thing, find another way to contact the legitimate business or charity and ask.
• Guard your personal information. Don’t provide your credit card or bank account number unless you are actually paying for something. Your social security number should not be necessary unless you are applying for credit. Be especially suspicious if someone claiming to be from a company with whom you have an account asks for information that the business already has.
• Beware of “dangerous downloads.µ In downloading programs to see pictures, hear music, play games, etc., you could download a virus that wipes out your computer files or connects your modem to a foreign telephone number, resulting in expensive phone charges. Only download programs from Web sites you know and trust. Read all user agreements carefully.
Ockalist.com.au encourages users to make all buy/sell/trade transactions in person and all purchases with cash.
Someone posted an ad with my information!
Please Contact Admin
and ask to have the posting removed. Please include the Ad title, Ad number eg A121, category, and email address (if available).
What will happen when my Ad expires?
You will receive an automated email 2 days before your ad will expire offering you a link to relist the item.
How can I get my ad in one of the Orange boxes? (Feature Ad)
When you post an ad you will be given the option to upgrade to a Feature ad. If you missed out on this the first time don't worry. You can always use your verification link to edit/delete and enhance your ad. Feature ads stay at the top of their category, they also rotate on the homepage and provide a cheap & excellent way to promote your Ad.
Can I create a web link from my listing to an external website?
Yes however the website must be solely to do with the item or service you are selling and preferably belong to you.
We do not accept links to other classified sites, auction sites and real estate directory sites.
Agents websites are allowed.
Ockalist Admin reserves the right to delete web url links deemed as inappropriate without prior notice.
Why do I have to keep verifying my email address everytime I place an Ad?
You will receive a verification email every time you place an Ad until your email address is set up as a registered user. A user account definitely makes things easier, you can access all your ads and edit /delete them from your account page after you have logged.
To register visit Register for Account
Deleting Your Browser's Cache
. In Internet Explorer:
1. Click Start, select Settings and Control Panel.
2. Double-click Internet Options to open Internet Properties.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Click Delete Files.
5. Click OK on the Delete Files dialog box.
6. Click OK.
. In Firefox:
1. Click Tools and select Options on the Firefox menu bar.
2. Click the Privacy Icon on the Option menu bar to open the Privacy Properties.
3. Click Clear across from the Cache option.
4. Click Ok to return to the browser main page.
5. Exit and relaunch the browser.
After you've cleared out your cache try following the confirmation link that was emailed to you when you posted your ad. After you've done this you should be able to view your ad normally. However, if this doesn't help please feel free to shoot us another email and we'll investigate the matter further.